• 1 3/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/3 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
• Grated zest of 1 orange
• 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice
• 1 large egg, beaten
• 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
• 1 tablespoon orange juice
• 12 pecan halves
2. Place flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse briefly just to combine. Add the butter and pulse until pea-size.
3. Transfer flour mixture to a large bowl. Stir in the chopped pecans and orange zest. Add the 1/2 cup orange juice and beaten egg. Using a fork, quickly mix the liquid ingredients into the dry until just-combined.
4. Drop 12 equal spoonfuls of batter, evenly spaced, onto the baking sheet. Slide baking sheet onto center rack of oven. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
5. Prepare the glaze by mixing together confectioners' sugar and orange juice. Spread a small spoonful of glaze onto each scone and top with a pecan half.
TAKE a LOOK: