And the next morning, any remaining cookies were eaten along with our cappuccinos.
• 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
• 1 large egg
• 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
• 12 ounces white chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat in the egg and orange zest. Slowly add the flour mixture and beat just until combined. Stir in the white chocolate.
3. Drop the dough into mounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a light golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
RECIPE MAKES ABOUT 3 DOZEN COOKIES
TAKE a LOOK: