SWEET PEPPER and POTATO SOUP
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 shallots, finely diced
• 3 to 4 large sweet peppers, any color, diced
• 3 large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
• 4 cups organic chicken broth
• 2 cups water
• salt and pepper to taste
• grated Gruyère, or toasted croutons
1. In a large pot, heat the butter and olive oil. Add the shallots and sauté until soft. Add peppers, potatoes, chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil. Simmer until vegetables are very soft.
2. In small batches, purée soup in blender or food processor. Return soup to pot. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reheat over a low flame. When heated, serve with the Gruyère or croutons, or both!