º Chocolate - Orange Peanut Bark º
adapted from Martha Stewart Holiday Sweets | Winter 2009
• 1 organic navel orange
• 1 pound bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
• 1 1/3 cups peanuts
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon fleur de sel
1. Line a 12-inch-by-17-inch rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; chill. With a vegetable peeler, remove zest from the orange in long pieces (reserve orange for another use). With a sharp knife, cut zest into very fine strips, about 1 inch long.
2. Place 3/4 of the chocolate in a mircrowave safe bowl. In 20 second bursts, melt chocolate, stopping to stir until melted. Once melted, stir in the remaining 1/4 cup of chopped chocolate and stir until all of the chocolate has melted and is smooth. Stir in half the orange zest and 3/4 of the peanuts. Immediately pour onto the prepared sheet and quickly spread the mixture 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle with the remaining orange zest, peanuts and fleur de sel.
3. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. Break the bark into pieces. Layer between pieces of parchment or waxed paper and store in an air-tight container.