I made these brownies, packed them up, and delivered them to my daughter who is away for her first year of college. They are very dense and fudgy, and are guaranteed to satisfy any and all chocolate-lovers!
These brownies had a very fudgy interior. Leave in oven longer -- one hour, plus -- if you want a drier, cakier result. I suggest inserting a sharp knife into the center of the pan from 50 minutes on to give you an idea of its doneness. These are REALLY GOOD with a glass of ice cold milk!
• You will want to use a metric scale for measurements •
• 250 grams unsalted butter, chopped
• 300 grams brown sugar
• 4 large eggs
• 200 grams unbleached, all-purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 35 grams cocoa, sifted
• 250 grams (I used an 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
• 75 grams granulated sugar
• 2 large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. Place chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat and stir until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the brown sugar and eggs. Whisk to combine. Add the flour, baking powder, and cocoa and whisk until smooth.
3. Pour the batter into a lightly greased and parchment-lined 9-inch-by-9-inch baking pan. Set aside.
4. To make the cheesecake swirl: Place cream cheese, sugar and eggs in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth. Put spoonfuls of cheesecake mixture on top of the chocolate mixture, and using a knife, swirl to partially combine.
5. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 50 minutes, or longer, until set.
TAKE a LOOK: