What a relief... I had everything in my kitchen to make these Mixed Berry and Greek Yogurt Muffins. If I don't have to bundle up and go out into the numbing cold to pick up ingredients, I'm thrilled! I made the muffins for tomorrow morning, but they are disappearing fast. They're really good.
• 3 1/2 ounces canola oil
• 2 large eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 1/4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
• 2 generous teaspoons baking powder
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 3/4 cups frozen mixed berries
• Raw (demerara) sugar, for sprinkling
1. PREHEAT OVEN to 375˚F* Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper baking cups.
2. Combine the yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth. Sift the flour, baking powder, and brown sugar into a large bowl. (I like to put the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse, especially if the brown sugar is lumpy.) Gently stir the frozen berries into the flour mixture (reserve 12 large frozen berries to top-off the muffins). Add the yogurt mixture to the flour and stir until combined. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups and place a reserved berry on top of each muffin. Sprinkle muffins generously with the raw sugar.
3. Place muffin tin on the middle rack of the preheated oven. Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until the tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Recipe makes 12 muffins.
* The original recipe calls for an oven temperature of 350˚F. It took my muffins an additional 10 to 15 minutes at that bake time; I suggest 375˚F.
TAKE a LOOK: