The tomatoes I wait all summer long for have finally arrived! And one of my favorite ways to eat tomatoes is to combine them with fresh peaches. Our dinner last night was a salad of heirloom tomatoes, peaches and Burrata, a fresh Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream (if you have a Trader Joe's grocery nearby, you can find Burrata there). The salad was followed by pizza on the grill.
We've been enjoying an unusually mild summer here in Minnesota with cool evenings and low dewpoints... perfect weather for dining outdoors!
• Fresh peaches, peeled and sliced into wedges
• Good-quality balsamic vinegar
• Extra-Virgin olive oil
• Sea salt
• Burrata cheese
• Fresh basil, torn or finely sliced
1. For each serving, combine equal amounts of tomatoes and peaches on a salad plate. Drizzle with (approximately) 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar and 1teaspoon olive oil.
2. Place Burrata cheese (1/2 of a large ball) on top of the tomatoes and peaches. Scatter fresh basil over fruit and cheese.
TAKE a LOOK: