Saw this recipe for Blueberry and Banana Muffins on Serious Eats. Had the √ blueberries, had the √ bananas. Good to go. Next time... I'll add about a half cup of chopped pecans. I think that would make them perfect.
+ Blueberry and Banana Muffins +
adapted from a recipe by Sydney Oland via Serious Eats
• 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 large eggs
• 3/4 cup light brown sugar
• 3 small bananas, mashed
• 1/3 cup canola oil
• 2 cups fresh blueberries
• Cooking spray or paper muffin cup liners
Makes 16 muffins
1. Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Prepare muffin tins by either spraying with cooking spray or lining with the paper muffin cup liners. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar. Add the mashed bananas and canola oil and whisk to combine.
3. Stir the egg mixture into the dry ingredients; gently fold in the blueberries. Fill muffin cups with the batter.
4. Bake on the center rack of the oven for 20 minutes.
TAKE a LOOK: