+ Baked Salmon Croquettes +
• 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can pink salmon
• 1/4 cup butter
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
• 1/3 cup flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 cup cornflake crumbs, divided
1. Drain the salmon reserving the liquid; add enough milk to salmon liquid to make one cup. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and cook until tender. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook one minute. Add the liquid and stir constantly until thickened and bubbly. Stir in salt and pepper; set aside.
3. Remove skin and bones from salmon; flake salmon with a fork. Add lemon juice, 1/2 cup cornflake crumbs and white sauce, stirring well. Refrigerate mixture until chilled; shape into croquettes ( I usually make 6). Roll in remaining cornflake crumbs. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 400˚F for 30 minutes, flipping the croquettes half way through.
TAKE a LOOK: