I'm sure we all have out favorite. This one is mine.
CHOCOLATE CHIP-DRIED CHERRY-PECAN COOKIES
• 1/2 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1 large egg, room temperature
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup dried sour cherries
• 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the granulated and brown sugars and butter. Mix well. Add the egg and vanilla and continue to mix until smooth. In another bowl combine the flour, soda and salt. Add this to the sugar-butter mixture and mix until it is just combined. Fold in the chocolate, cherries and pecans.
3. Drop small mounds of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake on the oven's middle rack for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack