My own special preference -- I ramp up this salsa with additional garlic. This is also a rare instance when I choose to use Early Girl tomatoes over my coveted heirlooms. I don't have to peel the Early Girls and their juiciness is to a minimum, which is exactly what I want in my salsa. Save those flavorful and juicy heirlooms for a big Caprese salad!
• 2 large, fresh jalapeño chiles, seeded and cut into a tiny dice
• 1/4 cup finely diced onion (preferably white)
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
• 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1. Quarter and seed the tomatoes. Cut into a 1/4-inch dice and place in a a medium-size bowl. Add the jalapeños, onion, cilantro, garlic, sugar, and lime juice. Gently mix the ingredients together. Store salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
TAKE a LOOK: