I'll make this short and sweet. Bake this Blueberry-Cornmeal Loaf Cake. It's loaded with yogurt and has a delicate crumb. Delicious! And yes, I've been having a slice with my cappuccino in the morning.
Blueberry-Cornmeal Loaf Cake
• 1 1/2 cup flour
• 1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoons vanilla or plain non-fat yogurt (I used Brown Cow Greek vanilla yogurt)
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 3/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
• 1 whole large egg
• 1 egg white
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons sugar
1. Lightly grease a loaf pan and line with a strip of waxed paper.
2. In a small bowl, toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of the flour. Set aside.
3. Combine the remaining flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt and lemon juice.
5. Whisk the sugar, oil, and lemon zest together in another bowl. Add the whole egg and then the egg white, whisking well after each addition. Add half of the flour mixture into the batter and beat until just combined. Stir in the yogurt mixture, then the remaining flour mixture. Gently fold in the blueberries. Spoon the cake batter into the prepared loaf pan. Combine the cinnamon and 2 teaspoons sugar. Sprinkle evenly over the batter.
6. Place the loaf pan on the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover the loaf pan with foil the last 10 to 15 minutes of baking. Remove and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes; unmold cake and cool completely.
TAKE a LOOK: