• Martha Stewart Living | May 2010 •
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 small onion, finely diced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
• Kosher Salt
• 1/3 cup dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc)
• 1/3 cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 12 ounces rhubarb, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and salt, and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and add the wine and raisins. Return to the heat and bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Add sugar and stir until it is fully dissolved. Stir in half of the rhubarb; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, until rhubarb is just tender. Add the remaining rhubarb and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook until the newly-added rhubarb begins to soften. Remove from the heat and let cool completely. Refrigerate if not using the chutney immediately.
TAKE a LOOK: