A meal in itself with a great loaf of bread (and a glass of wine?).
Tortellini and Vegetables with Vinaigrette
• 1 pound cheese or meat-filled tortellini
• 2 cups broccoli flowerets
• 1 1/4 cups finely julienned carrots
• 1 1/2 tablespoons thinly-sliced scallion
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons plus one teaspoon white wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons minced parsley
• 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/8 teaspoon dried
• 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Freshly ground pepper
1. Cook tortellini; Drain immediately and rinse under cool running water. Drain well. Reserve in large bowl.
2. Steam broccoli about 3 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Steam carrots, about 1 minute. Rinse under cold water. Add broccoli, carrots and scallions to tortellini.
3. Whisk oil, vinegar and mustard in a bowl. Whisk in herbs and seasonings. Pour vinaigrette over salad; toss gently to mix. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours. Remove from refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.
TAKE a LOOK: