I made these Almond Financier Petit Fours for my recent fall dinner
. I had to, you see, after I saw the photos of Eat the Love's
Daring Bakers Challenge post. My little cakes were delicious, but not as beautiful at the ones I was trying to replicate; just couldn't get the poured fondant the brilliant pink I wanted (and I used an entire tube of red food color gel, no less!
All the components of this dessert were amazing. The recipe for the Almond Financier cake is from pastry chef Sherry Yard. If you do not care about going through all of the steps necessary to make the petit fours, I highly recommend that you at least make this almond cake! The ingredients of browned butter and toasted almond meal take the flavors to another level.
I will give you the recipe for the Triple Berry Curd
that I spread between the almond cake layers. Click here
to get the recipes for the Almond Financier and Pour Fondant from Eat the Love
Triple Berry Curd
from My Recipes.com
• 1 cup frozen blackberries, thawed
• 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
• 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 3 large eggs
• 2 tablespoons butter
1. Place all the berries in a blender and process until smooth. Press berry mixture through a sieve over a medium bowl using the back of a spoon, reserving 1 cup purée; discard seeds.
2. Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt in a heavy saucepan, stirring with a whisk. Stir in 1 cup purée, lemon juice and eggs. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk. Reduce heat and simmer 1 minute, or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add butter, stirring gently until butter melts.
3. Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill for at least 6 hours.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: