Basil-rubbed Pork Chops with Nectarine (Peach) - Blue Cheese Salad and
Serves 2 - adapted from Bobby Flay's Grill It!
• 2 thick, bone-in pork chops
• 8 basil leaves, thinly slice half of the leaves
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Salt and black pepper
• 2 nectarines (of peaches), halved and pitted.
• 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
1. Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium. Take 4 whole basil leaves and rub the pork chops on both sides. Brush the chops with 1 tablespoon of the oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sear the pork chops on both sides, then stand the chops on the bone (see photo above). It usually takes approximately 20 minutes to cook, but that all depends on the amount of heat and the thickness of the chops. When done, set aside.
2. Coat the halved nectarines (or peaches) with the rest of the oil. Set cut side down on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until caramelized, but not blackened. Flip, and cook another minute or so, until slightly soft.
3. Plate the chops. Place 2 nectarine halves on each plate and top with a sprinkling of blue cheese, pine nuts, and thinly sliced basil. Drizzle with the honey; season with salt and pepper to taste.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: