Potato and Apple Soup accompanied by Cheddar Dill Biscuits - get recipe
∞ Potato and Apple Soup ∞
Canadian House & Home | October 2008
• 2 teaspoons butter
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 onion, roughly chopped
• 1 apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped (suggestions: Empire, McIntosh, Spartan)
• 1 pound (about 2 large) potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 3 cups organic chicken stock
• 1 cup sweet apple cider
• salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• grated extra-sharp cheddar, to garnish
• sautéed diced apple, to garnish
1. Heat butter and oil together in a large pot on medium-hi heat until butter is melted. Add onion, apple and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally until golden and slightly caramelized, about 10 minutes.
2. Add potatoes, chicken stock and cider and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
3. Purée soup in batches in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with cheddar and sautéed apples.